4.23.2009

Warm wind


When we first looked at this house, as the realtor was showing us around she casually opened all the doors and let the warm autumn breeze blow in. As we were looking at the kitchen, Grace begin to run in circles... out the french doors, around the house and back in the side door, giggling every time she passed us. I remember it so clearly because it was at this exact point that I knew this was our house. Something about that moment drew me in. I'm not sure I would have been able to put my finger on it then, but now I know exactly why that moment sold me. Today was a beautiful warm, windy, spring day, and this afternoon we opened all the doors, just like that first day here... and it was heavenly. All of us moving in and out of the house freely, Grace running around in her bare feet. Even the cats were enjoying the freedom to come and go as they please. There is just something about living somewhere where you can have the doors wide open... it feels safe and liberating all at the same time (not to mention the whole house now smells like sun dried laundry).

Ryan and I continued to enjoy the warm evening by having a drink on the deck. Not a normal occurrence around here on a Thursday night but such a perfect way to end the day.

No comments: