4.21.2009

First blooms, sleeping babies and quilts



Now there's a random post title. I really couldn't narrow down a topic I guess. So... I think I'll start with last night when Jackson, for the first time in three days, stayed sleeping after we put him to bed (Well by our standards anyway. There were a few short rock/nurse back to sleeps but we consider that normal around here). The three days in a row before that he woke up a half hour after we put him to bed, and no matter what we tried, we could not get him back to sleep. So then we would bring him downstairs to play and by the time he got to bed for good it was usually 10:00. Though it was fun to give him some one on one time with the both of us (since that really never happens) we both started feeling like we were being robbed of our evenings. Last night though, he was finally back to himself again. Which was great, but it took me awhile to be able to relax because I kept feeling like any minute I would be called to duty. Thankfully though, I never was, and I eventually settled into working on Grace's quilt. I'm pretty excited about it too because after months and months of pondering about the design, I finally figured out what I want to do. And what's really great is it's way easier then the original pattern I was going to do. Now hopefully I'll be able to move a little faster then the eight months it's taken me to get to this point.

And finally to the flowers. These are our first flowers to blossom here. I just think they are so beautiful. And such a cheery addition to our kitchen. Can't wait for more.

No comments: