4.24.2009

Hammock love


Whoa am I loving this hammock. Today after everyone was down for their nap I got to enjoy a whole hour to myself. And I'm happy to say I spent most of my time doing absolutely nothing but laying around in the hammock (well and eating ice cream).

I have to laugh about my post from last night (I'll come back around to the hammock in a minute) because I totally set myself up in that very last line, "a perfect end to the day". My day definitely did not end after a drink on the deck, not even close. We had long since come in from our deck drink when we heard Grace upstairs crying in her room- she had suddenly came down with a cold and was not feeling well. We couldn't calm her down and she kept saying "I'm just sick and I'm crabby" (gotta appreciate the honesty). Her crying eventually woke Jackson up and after a few minutes of trying to get them back to sleep we gave in and decided to just let them both be up. It was a beautiful night out so I grabbed some blankets and Grace and we went out and cozied up in the hammock. I don't know if she'll remember it forever but for me, that will be one of those memories that will stay with me my entire life. Lying there together, with the warm night air blowing over us, staring up at the stars... it was one of my favorite moments I've ever had with her. Rocking back and forth with her in my arms we talked about meaningful things (future camping trips, the sounds we were hearing in the night) and silly things (like the matching star game she came up with). And we snuggled. And I really didn't want the night to end. But it did, and though I'm not sure what time we all got to bed, I do know that that was a perfect end to the day.

No comments: