4.01.2009

Snow Picnic




Snow on April 1st should really be an April Fool's joke... but today it was not. So I decided to take the kids to this event that I've always wanted to go check out. Needless to say when we got there I immediately realized it was not at all what I had envisioned. To be respectful, I won't even go into what it was or the details, just that it was not a good fit for me or my kids. On the way home, I reflected on how I had a feeling it might be different then what I was picturing but chose to ignore it due to my curiosity and longing to do something new and different with the kids. As we were driving Grace and I made new plans to go to the co-op for some fresh, fun foods, and go home and have a picnic in the living room. Ahhhhh, now that's more like it. Maybe next time I want to do something new and different I'll think a little closer to home.

No comments: