3.30.2009

A bad day, a good book




Today was "one of those days". It just was. All of us got up too early, and for some reason, I thought today would be a good day to try and pay bills. As much as it is my natural tendency to want to focus on what was good about today (because we did manage to have a lot of good moments considering) I'm going to challenge myself by attempting to do the opposite. (It is strange though, because at the end of the day, the bad moments are harder to remember) So here are some of the days highlights that made me want to pull out my hair...

1. Grace trying to hurt Jackson. Attempting to stay calm when this happens is the biggest challenge of my life. There is some instictual protectiveness that awakens inside of me that is by no means rational. It takes everything in my power to handle this situation like an adult.

2. Having two crying children

3. Having two children who both want to be held

4. Putting both of them down early for their naps thinking they need the sleep and would sleep extra long and having one not nap at all and the other one get up early.

5. Wanting to call it a day at 2:15

That's all I can remember at this moment, but I guess that's a pretty good list. My light for today though... this beautiful book that I just got at the Goodwill the other day for $3 (apparently the heavens knew I would be needing it). It is so wonderful for times like this. She is just an amazing writter and a breath of fresh air on these dreary days. Very, very inspiring.

Well okay, and a few other rays of light (I can't help it, there were a few good moments I don't want to forget), playing "story hour" in the playroom and singing that silly crocadile song over and over and over. Grace "tricking me" at dinner that she was eating a candle (really a carrot) and laughing about how her tummy was going to start on fire. Or perhaps the best part of the day was having everyone in bed and asleep by 7:00.

And tomorrow a fresh start.

No comments: