9.23.2010

Cooperative Cooking

Tonight 001

So tonight, even though I worked this afternoon and Ryan won't be home until late, Grace, and Jackson and I got to enjoy homemade chicken pot pie. Normally when I make this, it takes over two hours to make including prep time so it's not something I would have time for on a work night. Tonight however, thanks to my dear friend Kirsten's brilliant idea, I only had to spend a few minutes getting it ready to put in the oven.

Tonight 008

A few months ago she came up with the idea to get together once a week and prep and/or make a meal to bring home and serve for dinner for each of our families. For some reason, even though I liked the idea, I wasn't as enthusiastic about it as she was. I think there was a small part of me that thought it sounded like it would end up being more work then it was worth. But now, especially now, I am so grateful that she talked me into it. This morning as we peeled, chopped, and measured, our children played around us. It was so much fun... for all of us. And the fact that the end result was a delicious meal was the icing on the cake.

So from now on, every Thursday morning, I will be here. In the kitchen...cooking... with a friend (and three little helpers).

No comments: