9.15.2010

Catching My Breath...

Flowerstoday 005

At this moment I am wondering how people do it. I'm only gone a little over 4 hours a day including drive time and yet it seems like all of my energy is being dedicated to my new job.

Flowerstoday 010

Last night I sat up late trying to figure out how to fit all of the things I'm use to doing- and love doing- into my new shorter day. I also wanted to try and figure out a way for all the things that are taking up so much time and energy right now (clothes for everyone, packing lunches, etc.) to not be so consuming.

Flowerstoday 009

I'm not sure if it's going to work but I created a weekly schedule for myself (which is very un-me-ish) and I made sure to block off a good amount of "nothing time" each day. I thought perhaps if I scheduled time for nothing in particular then maybe I would be able to do nothing in particular without feeling anxious that I should be doing something else. So this morning, I had the luxury of wondering outside (still in my pajamas) to cut fresh flowers.

flowerstoday 016

We'll see. At the moment it seems to be working.

No comments: