9.12.2010

A Really Good Sunday

It was such a farmy day around here today. My duties kept me in the kitchen most of the day... baking more pumpkins and making potato stew.

Barn 006

Outside Ryan started this...

Barn 016

Finally. We have been waiting and waiting to start this project. I guess today the stars must have aligned.

Barn 029

It looks sooooooo beautiful. I can't stop looking at it.

Barn 035

Our day ended with this yummy potato stew (still trying to make a dent in all those potatoes...)

Barn 048

Potato Stew

1 lb of Italian sausage
1 small onion chopped
2 lbs of tomatoes chopped
4 medium potatoes chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley
4 cups of chicken stock
4 large sprigs of thyme
salt and pepper

Brown sausage in pan for about 4 minutes. Add onion and cook another 5 minutes. Place in pot with rest of ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for a half hour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm oh I guess I answered my question yes you painted your barn - love it! do you know the story about red paint for barns???

Anonymous said...

hmmm oh I guess I answered my question yes you painted your barn - love it! do you know the story about red paint for barns???

amy said...

Whoa, this is really fun! I'm just starting to notice all the comments you are leaving!

No, I don't know the story, tell me, tell me!