5.29.2009

Class






Today was our last day of class. It is possible that I am mourning it more then Grace is. Don't get me wrong, she loved going to class. But I feel like I benefited from it just as much. Somehow, this school, and the wonderful women who runs the program, has mastered the art of catering to all of the senses. Upon entering the classroom you couldn't help but be enticed by the soft luminous colors surrounding you, or the handmade toys, and fresh flowers. Though it was a room full of children, it was never as loud as one would expect. Instead you would often be met with the sounds of quiet parent chatter, children playing happily, or our teacher singing a song. And inevitably there would be a lingering scent of something delicious cooking on the stove. As an added bonus, the group came to be a place (for me anyway) where for the first time, I was surrounded by a group of like minded mothers. And I (for once) was not the odd one (who was still nursing, whose children don't watch TV, or who sleeps with her children, etc, etc). It became a place I could go and feel support and validation in what I was doing. Where I could get opinions/ideas from other parents who were on the same page as me. Did I mention I will miss the class?

No comments: