5.10.2009

Best Mother's Day... Ever


Well I know this is only my forth Mother's Day but it really was the best. The festivities got started yesterday (Yes festivities. Mother's Day is really more like Mother's Weekend around here) with me going to get my haircut at the local Aveda Salon, for a new summer cut. I also got in some quality alone time which I spent taking photographs for a new collage I'm working on and doing a little shopping in the antique stores downtown. Then this morning Grace put on a fancy dress to present the Mother's Day card she made me. This was followed by painting time with Ryan and Grace (while Jackson napped) as we all made cards for our mothers and grandmothers. Then my mom and sister came over for quiche (made by me), and this afternoon Ryan's mom and Scott came over for venison dinner (made by Ryan). And somewhere in between all that were lots of snuggles and play time with my babes. I think the two highlights were Jackson's "hi"ing and "bye"ing (which he's been doing for a few weeks now but today he was really showing off for Grandma Sam and Scott) and Grace telling me I'm her best friend (although this was followed up with "well you're my best-friend at night mommy... daddy's my best-friend during the day." Hmmm, how many times is my daughter going to refer to me as her best friend- I guess I'll take the night shift). Oh, did I mention I got to sleep in today. Yes, it was a good Mother's Day. Really good.

No comments: