5.31.2009

Seven Years




A few weeks ago we were on the phone when suddenly Ryan interrupted our conversation, "Oh our song is on". "What song?" I asked (we have a song?) I quickly turned the radio to the station he was listening to and this song was playing. "Ryan, this is the nicest song ever." I said fighting back a tear. "Well it makes me think of us." He replied, ever so sweetly.

Today is our seven year anniversary. It seems as though we have been through quite a lot for a mere seven years (as Ryan said in his toast this weekend, "miscarriage, moving, money issues, business start ups, foreclosure, health issues... I think we've proved we can make it"). If there is one thing I can say about our relationship it is that we are incredibly resilient. Each time we go through one of life's challenges we always seem to come out stronger on the other side. And all the more reason I feel so lucky to still be sharing little moments like the one above. Lucky indeed.

This weekend we had a very special celebration, made possible by our families. Our parent's watched the kids, while my sister put together this amazing four course meal for us to feast on. To start the day we went into Stillwater for lunch and then a walk by the river. After an ice cream cone we came home and enjoyed the rest of our day and dinner here. It was wonderful. So wonderful. Happy Anniversary.


No comments: