9.07.2011

One of Those Days (and Some Random Pictures)

001

As we were getting out of the car today after running some errands I noticed Grace's sweater was on the floor of the backseat and I asked her to pick it up.  As she picked it up I noticed it was dripping in white wet goo... oh no please don't be what I think it is.  But it was in fact paint- as in house paint.  I've been on a painting, room rearranging, reorganizing kick over the past few weeks and apparently, I didn't seal the lid on the paint tightly after using it last.  It must have tipped over on the way back from the store at some point (I needed to bring it with to get a color match) and now it was all over everything

009

Soooo I quickly started cleaning up what I could but in my hast I got the paint all over myself, and more importantly, on my only pair of maternity jeans.  I then dropped the cleaning effort to run inside and try and save the jeans.  As I was upstairs changing, the postman came by to deliver a package (unbeknownst to me) and turned his car off.  As I was coming downstairs I heard a car being started and freaked out thinking that somehow one of the kids had decided it would be fun to start my car (they would never do this but at the time it seemed like the only logical explanation).  I came running out of the house so fast that I ran through the screen door breaking the whole thing (we just got new storm doors this summer).  As soon as I came out (or fell out I should say) I realized that it was the postman... instead of waving or doing anything normal (though I'm not sure there's anything normal to do at this point) I just set the door aside and walked back in (no need to open the door anymore, just walk right through). 

007

About this time I was ready to call it a day (it was 1:00).  My kids actually were supportive of this.  "Oh that's fine mom, you can go back to bed, it's been a hard day, we'll be fine."   But I didn't.  Instead I called Ryan, which only helped when he pointed out how funny it must have seemed to the postman... he must have though I was really excited about getting that package.  I'm still laughing about that...

And now it's time for a bowl of ice cream.  Thankfully tomorrow is a new day.

1 comment:

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Rough day! But it helps you can laugh about it. :)