9.14.2011

Farm News

schoolfarm 017

We got our first egg!  It was so exciting (and early, I guess I wasn't expecting any quite yet), we were all jumping up and down cheering.  Can't wait to try them.

schoolfarm 019

In other news, my bees are looking healthier then ever.  A few months ago I thought it might be over for this year (which isn't such a bad thing because it means you get to take the honey) as my queen was gone.  Either she swarmed, or she died, or possibly I killed her on accident.  But in any case they bred another one and the hive is going strong. 

schoolfarm 014

schoolfarm 027

And finally we did a trial of black beans this year.  They were so good as green beans that it was hard to leave any to dry but we managed to save some.  I finally picked them and peeled them and ta-da... black beans.  I can't wait until next year when we can plant a huge plot of them... we eat a lot of black beans around here.

schoolfarm 021

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahooo! so fun
I need to plant black beans next year - where did you buy seeds

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

I'm envious! I really want bees and chickens. All in good time...