9.22.2011

How Will We Get Through This Day...

tea 002

This morning has gotten off to an incredibly rocky start.  Everyone here is sick.  Everyone here is overtired.  And so far, everyone here is crabby. 

Finding myself with just a few minutes alone I decided a cup of tea was in order.  As I went to take my first sip I noticed this little saying attached to the tea bag... 

tea 004

Hmmm.  Well that's a challenge isn't it.  I'm wondering if the person who came up with this clever little piece of advice has any children.  It's pretty hard to remain blissful when your five year old is hitting you and saying she hates you (yes, this really happened here today).  Or maybe this person has 17 children and is some sort of expert at bliss (I would think for these types this or going insane would be your only two options).

But, I do like a good challenge I guess.  And really, what else am I going to do with such a day.  So I'm challenging myself to try and maintain an attitude of bliss... no matter what comes my way.  A genuine one too, faking doesn't count.  Not sure how well it will go but I'm going to give it my best effort.  I'll report back soon with the results.

No comments: