9.20.2011

My Bookshelves!

bookshelves 001

bookshelves 015

bookshelves 004

Well these aren't the best pictures because this room is pretty small and I wasn't able to back far enough away to get them all in.  But I am SO in love with them.  Ryan worked so hard on them and they turned out so beautiful.  And it just feels so good to have all my books in their own special place. 

bookshelves 008

And while I'm here, a few more pictures of the art room.  I have recently been on the most intense nesting, cleaning, organizing spree of my life... and feels so good.  This room was one of the first ones I hit, and I got rid of so much.  SO much.  I am finding that with art (as well as with almost all aspects of my life), less is more.  While it is so hard for me to give up art supplies, etc, that I might use someday, the payoff in doing so is well worth it.  There is a sort of creative freedom that opens up when more physical space is available.

bookshelves 009

I see it in myself as well as with Grace and Jackson.  I use to feel like I needed to give them a huge variety of art experiences, supplies, and choices.  As a result the art room was often cluttered and messy.  They also didn't always have the best appreciation for their things which I think is a direct result of too many things.

bookshelves 014

So when I cleaned out this room, I got rid of most of the supplies I usually have sitting out for them, or I stored them away for a special day.  I have found that they are using this space much more again, and with a greater respect for the space and their things in it.  

bookshelves 016

I know over time things will start to build up in here again because it is such a popular spot for all of us.  But I'm going to try my best to continue to keep it clutter free... and instead leave more room for our creativity. 

bookshelves 018

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow those are AWESOME!!! Im jealous and cant wait to come over and check out all your pretty books