9.28.2011

Baking Day

006

Wednesday is baking day for Jackson and I.  While Grace is at school, doing some baking of her own, the two of us spend this day in the kitchen as well (something we both really enjoy) making muffins, bread, or whatever the most recent harvest demands. 

007

Today it was apples.  Applesauce and apple muffins. 

008

I did make some applesauce last year too but it didn't turn out quite as well.  This year I read over several recipes but in the end decided to come up with my own experiment.  For once I got lucky. 

011

This is some good applesauce if I do say so myself.

013

Amy's Applesauce
16 apples (a mix of different kinds is best)
2 tsps of cinnamon
1/2 cup of sugar
3 cups of water

Peel and core apples.  Add all ingredients to a large pot.  Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.  Allow to cool a bit and if there is still a lot of extra water drain some of it (a little water is okay).  Then run through a blender.  Freeze or can to preserve.

No comments: