12.01.2008

Random Thoughts...


I was poking around on facebook tonight and realized pretty much everyone I know has a facebook account. Very tempting to me... but I know me, and I'll just spend way too much time playing on it. This would be fine if I had way too much time, but I don't. Someday though...or at least I hope way too much time is in my future. Preferably the near future.

Our entire house smells like pine and eucalyptus right now thanks to this yummy essential oils blend that supposedly helps with colds. We've been using it everywhere... tubs, humidifiers, hot wash clothes. Not sure if it's working but sure makes everything smell good.

I took a nap today. A nap. A well earned, delicious, two hour nap.

I made soup tonight again for the second time in a week. This is an accomplishment for many reasons... kids, moving, unpacking, sicknesses... We've been eating so much premade food lately, to be able to actually make a meal feels so, normal. Things are finally starting to slow down again. Love it.

Christmas cards. Love them too. But I do way to clearly remember what it was like to be forced to take pictures for them. I was never a fan of that. So I try to be more causal about it so as not to permanently scar my kids like I was (not an exaggeration). But today for some reason I felt I need to get it done so after breakfast I attempted to take my last picture which was met with tears and resistance. I finally gave up and minutes later was able to capture this real moment that is so much cuter. Lesson learned.

No comments: