12.10.2008

Pillows




I finally unburied my sewing machine last night and spent a couple hours sewing some new pillows for the playroom. I just love that elephant fabric. I'm thinking of maybe painting some elephants on the wall? Or paint a boarder like their bedroom?
The old me would have loved to get every room painted and decorated in this house within five minutes after moving in. As a result, there would end up being a lot that I wouldn't be happy with and would probably end up redoing at some point. The new me (HA) is really trying to take my time and contemplate each room. Colors, functions, accessories... what would make each space really beautiful, usable, and inspiring. I'll admit that while I do get slightly annoyed at times that everything isn't just done now, I am noticing two differences; whenever I do work on something it is really enjoyable... and I really appreciate the finish product when I am done. I also going to start a collage board of home ideas to help me keep visualizing what I want. Maybe I'll do some of that on this blog too?

No comments: