11.04.2010

My New (Old) Chalkboard

Chalkboard1

I have really been wanting a kitchen chalkboard to help keep me on track with meals. All the ones I had been admiring were pretty expensive. Then it dawned on me that I could remake our mirror. This mirror use to hang above the couch at our old house but now we have windows behind our couch so there wasn't a spot for it. I hung it in the kitchen just because I needed something to hang there, not necessarily because it was a good spot for it. Anyway, since we don't really need a mirror in our kitchen, and since I love the frame, I thought it would make the perfect chalkboard.

Chalkboard2

All I did was have Ryan cut me a board the size of the opening and then painted with chalkboard paint. I removed the mirror and added chalkboard. Pretty easy. I am thinking about doing the same thing for the hallway upstairs and just buying a framed mirror/picture at the thrift store (with a frame I like).

And now I have a place to plan our meals for the week. Love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! So cute! I want a mini one for my kitchen - really that looks perfect