10.01.2009

The Life Saving Eye Appointment


I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Or maybe it was the way I was woken up. Either way, I was out of sorts, irritable and cranky. Not as much outwardly as inwardly. I just wasn't in it today. Though there were moments where the cloud lifted, for most of the day I felt like I was stuck there. When Ryan got home I found myself in much need of escape. I had conveniently scheduled an eye appointment (as much for my mental health as my physical health) and I think I may have ran out the door (did I run? I was for sure running in my head) Anyway, leaving was good. Many times I can find inspiration right where I am, a book, a phone call, a moment to breathe, but sometimes I just need to go. Just get a little space, and quiet. Yes I definitely needed quiet today.

On my way out of the eye doctor, already feeling much better, I had to walk through Barnes and Noble to get to my car (I know this sounds like it couldn't possibly be true, especially coming from a book addict, but really it was) and I stumbled upon this wonderful book. I sat down to read a few pages and felt myself lighten. It was exactly what I needed, a gentle reminder of the path I'm on and why I'm on it.

I came home with dinner for everyone and in much better spirits. Thankfully I was thoroughly able to enjoy the rest of the night. Just a good reminder for me that there's nothing a little time to myself can't cure... and an inspiring book never hurts either.

No comments: