10.23.2009

Jackson, Pumpkins, and Puddles


Speaking of one year old love... I had the little guy to myself today (Grace went to my parent's last minute with Ryan who is doing some work there). We thoroughly enjoyed our day together. I think my favorite moment was coming in out of the cold to eat hot out-of-the-oven pumpkin muffins.

In between water time (a new game where Jackson tricks me into giving him a glass of water which then ends up being pored back and forth into other found cups... and onto the floor), jumpy hugs (this game Grace came up with when she was about this age where I am the recipient of a long running, leaping hug. Jackson loves it too. And well, so do I), and puddle splashing, I spent all the rest of my energy in the kitchen. 2 pumpkin pies, a dozen pumpkin muffins, and chicken tortilla soup for dinner. A very fall festive day with my one year old.

I don't think I put the directions for how to cook a pumpkin in the previous pumpkin posts so here they are

1. Cut pumpkin in half and drizzle with a little olive oil. Place face down in pan and add a cup of water.
2. Bake at 350 for 60 to 90 minutes (until done).
3. Scrape out pumpkin and mix until smooth.
4. Place a couple coffee filters in a strainer and put pumpkin in. Let drain for at least 3 hours.

No comments: