10.11.2009

Happy Birthday To My Sister


I went out last night for my sister's birthday. It has been a long time since I went out... and I very much enjoyed myself.
Then today my family met us at our local apple orchard where we played for awhile before coming back to our house for dinner, apple pie and ice cream. Grace and Jackson both had a pony ride at the orchard and probably would have been happy to spend the rest of the day doing just that. (And it won't surprise me one bit if "pony" makes someones Christmas list this year.) Ryan and I made a baked walleye dinner for the first time for Katie's birthday celebration which turned out really well. Recipe below...





WALLEYE BAKE

2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash nutmeg
1 c. milk
1 tbsp. sherry (optional)
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
Fish fillets (about 6 nice size halves)
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. fine dry bread crumbs
1 green pepper

Heat oven to 325°F.
Grease 9 x 13 inch pan. In a 1 quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter, stir in flour, salt, nutmeg and milk (and sherry). Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly, about 4 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted, set aside.

Season fish with celery salt and pepper. Toss bread crumbs with melted butter. Top fish with buttered bread crumbs and minced green pepper.

Broil fish until translucent, about 15 minutes, depending upon size of fish. Serve with sauce.

Happy Birthday to you Katie! It was a very fun day!

No comments: