10.21.2009

I miss


My park (these first two pictures are from my very first post). I love that we still live by the river, and our new home here has it's own special river places... but there is nothing lake Interstate Park in the fall. Nothing.


And I am finding myself missing the convenience of having one of the most beautiful places in the world being just a long walk or one minute car ride away.


I'm also finding myself missing (just a bit) that time in my life last year when outings consisted of tucking Jackson in the sling and bounding off to an adventure with only one (fairly self-sufficient) child to keep my eye on.


There have been some trying times over the past few weeks... and I would have given anything to be able to pack everyone up and (within minutes) be at my park, where I always leave feeling peaceful, inspired, and singing a happy tune.


Of course I could have driven to my park, it's only a 40 minute drive, but it's so much more complicated now. There would be nap schedules to worry about, car ride crankiness to deal with, and of course a one year old who loves to run and explore but has no sense of safety. (And who also likes to eat anything from acorns to pine cones.)


On the flip side of course I am in love with this one year old (so in love)... and new fun things have taken the place of the old ones. Like being able to play with Jackson instead of just wearing him. And watching him explore everything around him. And talking to him (I think we're up to 15 or 16 words now).


I do miss my park. But for now, I'll have to settle for one year old love.

No comments: