10.25.2009

Sometimes, when life happens and things get really hard, I become all to aware of my own limits. And almost without my permission, it seems, words, emotions and actions begin pooring out of me that are not even really me, but just old tapes that are still playing in my head. Words I heard over and over again as I was growing up and are somehow now imprinted in my being.
Despite all of this, I push myself to give outside of my capabilities. I know that my limits were set by my own upbringing, which will in turn set the foundation for my own children. Sometimes just imagining my children as adults, full of patience, full of love, is all I need to do to center myself, breathe, and try again. I can do this. I can do this because I love them. Because I love my grandchildren. And my great-grandchildren. When I feel like I'm going to fold, all I need to do is remember this. The

No comments: