3.16.2009

Ready, set, patience.


Lately I often have this feeling, I can't quite place it but it's as though I am moving in slow motion. Kind of like the dream where someone is chasing you but you can barely lift each leg to move. Where each step takes forever and feels like you have a hundred pound weights on each foot. In some ways, this slowness is good I guess, but in others it can be frustrating. For example when I look outside my house and realize the four thousand things that need to be done... and now that it's nice out I should just be able to go out and do them right? Not so fast. Go out maybe. "Get things done", probably not. At the end of the day I am lucky if I can cross one thing off my list. Which is all fine (somewhere in me I know this) but sometimes I just want things to be done now. Right now. There is a barn to paint, gardens to build and grow, and too many other little things to even count. The reality is, this stuff will probably take all summer. And even that might be pushing it.

Yes I know, this is the part where I get to practice patience. This is what I'm always telling Grace right? Have patience. I even have a song about it. Funny how we parents are always teaching the things we need to learn.

No comments: