3.20.2009

The Big City



Yesterday we had such a fun morning. It was so refreshing to have a nice sunny, semi-warm day to take the kids out to go somewhere. We went to Grand Avenue in St. Paul to this amazing store called Wonderment and then out to lunch. The store is beautiful and full of the most delightful, unique toys. It is also full of inspiring ideas of things to do with kids. Grace had so much fun gently playing with some of the toys and reading the books. Later in the day she told me "next time we go there I want to bring our beds so we can sleep there". Oh me too! And I really have to be careful with the eating out thing because I love going out to lunch with these two right now. Grace gets really excited to try new foods (especially if it's from a restaurant), and Jackson is content to sit and play with a cup or spoon. And I, of course, always enjoy a break from the usual cooking and cleaning up. And then there's the treats. We don't do a lot of treats around here (well at least not with the kids), but it is so fun to indulge in a yummy desert with Grace every now and then. A perfect ending to a perfect outing.

No comments: