3.04.2009

Blueberries and Julia Child


I was sure today was going to be one of those days when both of the kids woke up an hour before they usually do. After ten minutes of morning, my predictions seemed to be acurate. Grace was a weeping willow and Jackson wouldn't let me put him down. I could feel myself starting to get iritated too. Aside from everyone else's moods, I was also opperating on not enough sleep. But then something unexpected happened. As Grace cried through her breakfast (about what I can't remember, and probably never really new) I remembered the frozen blueberries in the freezer and offered her some. She perked up a little at this as blueberries are one of her favorites. As I went to find them I suddenly started talking like Julia Child, "Now where did those silly blueberries go. Those silly blueberries are always hiding from me" and on and on in that ridiculous voice. Both of them just stared at me for a minute and then started smiling and laughing. "Do it again Mama!" Soon we were all laughing and being silly. And just like that, there was a whole new mood to our day. AND I'm happy to say, at three this afternoon, is still going strong. Lesson learned. Desperate times call for Julia Child.

No comments: