3.13.2009

Daddy Time




Ryan hasn't had to work much this week so we have been enjoying some extra time with him. Grace especially. Today we were running some errands and we decided to abandon the rest of them and go to the zoo instead. It always makes me a little sad to see some of those animals in too small of cages... but I guess watching Grace light up at the monkeys or seals made up for it (and made me excited to travel and take her to see animals in the real world some day).

Though I know he has enjoyed this little glimpse into our life during the week, I think he is antsy to get back to work. I'm not sure if it's his male biology or just his personality but he is a provider by nature and needs to be active. I think this "sitting around" stuff starts to make him a little crazy after awhile. And truth be told, although I also enjoyed having him around this week, I too will be a little glad to get back to "normal". If for nothing else it means I don't have to listen to the t.v. all hours of the day. Yes, I won't miss that one bit. But for a week, it was great. A nice break from the norm and some fun memories with the four of us.

No comments: