9.14.2012

Our New Days

012

025

024

20120911_110214

Slowly but surely we are getting a feel for our new life at home with Grace away at school.  This week we spent a lot of time in the kitchen baking away (something Jackson and I have always loved to do together). We also went to the park a few times, went for a few walks, played outside, and read many books.  In spite of how much I miss Grace, it has been a very peaceful week.

So many times over the last few days with "just" two little ones to care for, my mind has wondered back to these days that seem both long and not so long ago.  There is a part of me that feels like I'm starting all over again (in a good way), this time Jackson getting to soak up the majority of my attention while Nora babe comes along for the ride.  Jackson has thrived in these last several days.  Not that he wasn't "thriving" before but I feel like I have literally watched him grow up overnight.  The other morning he woke up, came downstairs on his own and got himself breakfast.  When we were at the co-op last week he initiated a conversation with a lady who worked there about the weather.  In the last few weeks I have seen everything from the way he plays to what he eats (last night he had three helpings of spinach/kale/lettuce salad?!) evolve into something different. As strange as it feels to have Grace gone so much, I am very much enjoying this new phase of home life and all the surprising transformations it is bringing.

And my big first grader is thriving as well.  She has nothing but good things to say about school.  She is love, loving it.

Thankfully though we still have our days when we're all together.  I cherish these more then ever right now. 
I think we all do.

003

No comments: