1.14.2009

Squash and the blue hat




So... Jackson started solids yesterday. Seemed to be going well. He liked it somewhat, so I tried again today. Then as I was lying down tonight with Grace thinking about the day my brain suddenly started working again (apparently it had been on a break, or vacation or something) and I remembered. Squash is not a food you start a baby with. That's right squash. But it gets worse. Since he had liked the squash, tonight I then decided I'd give bananas a try. Which he also liked and ate. So in a mere 24 hours, I've introduced my baby to two foods, both of which are not suppose to be first foods. Not to mention you're suppose to ease them in slowly, trying just one thing a few days at a time. So, there you have it. Clearly I'm unfit for motherhood. I guess worse things could happen (yes, much worse). Hopefully his tummy will forgive me.

And the hat. It was given to Grace as a gift last year (homemade I think) and she's suddenly become real fond of it. It's the hat she uses when she "leaves the house" which also means she wears it in this very serious manor and says things like "I'm going to run to the store and pick up some things". Or stands with one hand on her hip having a very real sounding phone coversation that ends in "okay I think I'm going to have to let you go here". All the while I have to have to hold my laughter in... at least till I can blog about it later.

1 comment:

Audra E. said...

You're daughter is adorable!