1.07.2009

Full Circle

Some interesting moments from my week...


Lately, every time I go home to my parent's, there is yet another toy on display that they have dug out from some packed away box for Grace to play with... and me to reminisce about. So many happy memories embedded in each of those toys. I feel so lucky to have had such a wonderful childhood... with a sister for a built in best friend and playmate (and still, to this day). Oh how I want that same bond for my own children.


My other best friend (and truthfully more like a sister) who I have known since I was two, just had a little boy two months after I did. Seeing them together and imagining the friendship that will surely develop between them is so crazy. The fact that both of our parents still live across the street from each other, and the potential for them to be running back and forth from house to house like we did is an actual reality (at least when they're visiting the grandparent's) makes the imagining all the more fun.


My cousin came to stay with us this week. Whenever I see her with Grace I am reminded of her and I when she was younger. I nannied her for two summers when she was little and I sometimes see that same connection with her and Grace. She lives (as I did back then) in the world in between kid and adult, which is so magnetic to young children.

How strange that I am having all of these "full circle" moments in one week. Really makes me take a step back and notice my life. It is amazing the way life sometimes neatly offers up these small little gifts.

No comments: