1.21.2009

A New Day


Sitting with Grace and Jackson yesterday watching the inauguration (with tears streaming down my face) was so indescribable. I felt so inspired... and full of hope and... proud. Proud of my country and everyone in it. And that is something I have never felt before (well maybe besides a few fleeting moments here or there). It struck me that Grace and Jackson were so unaware of what was going on, and yet they will be so affected by it. For some (like my husband) believing in someone before they've had a chance to really prove themselves seems kind of foolish. But in my heart I really feel that he is going to change our world for the better. So I truly believe, that yesterday at 12:00, as Grace was playing with her babies and Jackson was napping, we entered a new era. I new era of light, and peace, and hope. And as a mom with two young children... that felt pretty darn good.

No comments: