1.04.2018

Winter Reading

IMG_6822

IMG_6809

I am loving this book from my sister and Mayla.  It sits right next to my chair by the fire and I pick it up whenever I have a chance.  The perfect fireside winter book.

IMG_6806

This one was also from my sister and we are loving it has a family.  The little animal tidbits are fascinating and Grace in particular likes to pick it up and wow us with a fact or two.

IMG_6805

Oh my goodness this book.  This was our Christmas read aloud and we have unanimously agreed to make it a new tradition.  I would categorize it as a secular, nature based, Christmas fairytale.  Just beautiful.

IMG_6804

Heidi gave me this wonderful picture book after Iyla was born.  The artwork is dreamy and soothing and the message is just right.  It makes me tear up everytime I read it.

IMG_6803

Everyone loves Brambly Hedge.  Even Grace might hop on the couch to hear a chapter.  This isn't exclusively a winter book (there are stories for every season) but it does have some delightful winter stories that Nora and I have been rereading.

IMG_6802

And finally this one.  A mothering book full of bite sized spiritual poetry.  Just right for when I have a few minutes and need some inspiration.

IMG_6820

No comments: