1.03.2018

Iyla

IMG_6786

Oh Iyla, I wish I could pause you.  I'm trying so hard to enjoy every moment with you and it is still flying by.  Faster than any of my other babies it seems.  Which is why I need to spend more time here.  This space will help slow you down, if only in my imagination.

IMG_6788

You have become so such a smiley little girl.  And you love to be a part of the conversations now too.  You are happy to chime in with your coos and, recently, screams.  I think you are proud to see that you can be loud too (just like you're brother and sisters).

IMG_6777

And look here, you have learned to pick things up.  This is very exciting.  Mommy refers to this baby stage as the "claw" because it is often like walking around with a continuously grasping appendage, though she doesn't always realize it until the glass (placemat, book, plate...) is on the floor.

IMG_6799

Naps...we are getting there.  Some days you still end up taking 5 or 6 naps.  But more and more now we have days were you only take 3 or 4.  I think you are getting close to developing a routine of some sort.  If only we could get your siblings to keep it down.

IMG_6793

What else do I want to say... hmmmm.  Well look at you, you're adorable.  So there's that.  Also, I'm so glad you're here.  I think about that everyday.  Also everyday at some point we sit down together in the green chair by the fire, you in my lap, your little body nestled next to mine, and I'm not sure what more to say about those moments other than they are my favorite.

No comments: