6.26.2015

Strawberry Picking

013

010

011

014

016

New record this year... almost 40 pounds of strawberries!  Aside from all of the fresh berries we ate and the small batch of jam I made, I was able to freeze 29 pint size bags of strawberries.  If we could get through the summer without eating any of the frozen ones (which we probably can't) we would almost have a bag for each week of the rest of the year.  Exciting.

The morning we were to go picking I woke up to find Jackson dressed and completely ready for the day (this happens almost never), "I'm all set to pick strawberries mama!"  When we got there we were given a tractor ride out to a new picking field.  Upon entering the field we found each row thick with large perfectly red berries.  Much easier picking then last year.  Nora sat beside me the whole time carefully dropping berries in her basket saying things like " Oh I really like this day of strawberry picking".

We planted several strawberry plants in our garden this year which of course I'm looking forward too.  But I'm not sure I'm going to be able to let go of our June tradition.
2014
2013

No comments: