6.12.2015

Four Magic Moments

20150612_140451

~Today I walked outside to this.  Nora has become quite the chicken girl as of late and she came up with this idea all on her own.  (Don't worry, I released the chicken after I took a few pictures).

~Last night Grace and Jackson were all wound up for some reason and not going to sleep.  This was after I had already put Nora to bed and I had been alone with the kids all day as Ryan was working extra late.  AND I didn't feel well (I think I got some super short version of the short flu that all three kids had).  Anyway, I wasn't handling it the best.  I had started making various threats as I do when I'm at the end of my rope and finally thought I had them at tomorrow night you will go to bed a half hour earlier and for ever minute you keep getting out of bed it will be another minute earlier!!!  (lots of exclamation points)  I came down hoping I could finally relax when a few minutes later a paper airplane soared down the stairs.  I walked over to it and opened it up to read "we are sore.  Love, Grace and Jackson"  My laughter broke the crabby spell I was under (Grace has inherited my horrible spelling) and also reminded me that I do actually love them.  I went up and apologized too and we got to end our night on a good note.

~Today Nora said to me "I don't know why I'm feeling so happy while I'm eating this cereal, I think it's because you're sitting by me".

~This afternoon Jackson had his friend over and after many hours of playing in the woods they wondered into the garden.  Soon Grace and Jackson were giving him a tour and I watched as he excitedly sampled arugula, dill, basil, pineapple weed, wood sorrel.  Then he said, "it is delicious in here, it's like a giant salad bar!"

No comments: