2.14.2013

Last Minute Valentine Making

013

023

024

A few weeks ago I started thinking about Valentine's Day and wondered if I was up for making any gifts this year.  I looked back over my blog from the last few years and found... three years ago pajamas, two years ago doll clothes, and last year... nothing... ding ding ding, nothing it would be again.  Perfect.  And then, right before bed last night Grace wondered out loud with a big smile, "I bet mama's working on her Valentine gifts tonight."  I asked what she thought this something might be and she said, "oh maybe some pajamas, or some little special something that will be sitting on the table when we wake up!"  Dang it.  And awesome.  Any child that appreciates and gets excited about their moms silly handmade stuff deserves more of it.  So after they went to bed I came up with these little necklace/purses and filled them with magical jewels.  One for each of my big kids and one for each of the girls Grace carpools with (for extra fun).

And yes they were on the table when they woke up this morning.

No comments: