2.28.2012

A Resonable Request

Dear Dave (you don't mind if I call you that do you?  I mean we've gotten so close and all over the last few days),

How are things?  How's the weather there?  Written any new songs lately?

Well anywhoosy, I know you are busy so I'll just get right to it.  I was wondering if you would be a pal and stop by for a few days (a month at the most). See we just had a baby a few months ago and, well, she really loves you.  It's all my fault really. I introduced her to you recently and now you are the only thing she wants to listen to when we rock her to sleep (or walk her to sleep would be more accurate).  In particular, she really likes this version of this song.  Actually if I'm being honest she only likes this song.  So what I was wondering is if you might drop in with your band and just play that song for us (though you might want to scale down just a bit as our house is pretty small.  Maybe do a few test runs and see who you can leave out without changing the sound too much.  Perhaps a violinist or two.  Be careful though, she will notice if it's different.).  So, yes, just that song.  Over and over.  Well there would breaks here and there I'm sure.  Once she does fall asleep then you could stop and rest.  Though that doesn't always last too long so you'll want to prep everyone to be on call most of the time.  Also there's not really anywhere for you guys to sleep, but you won't be doing a lot of that anyway (that makes things easier though doesn't it, no need to pack pajamas).  Though I did notice at the end of the video clip you are drinking some special water, so you'll want to make sure and bring plenty of that as I'm sure it's much fancier then our well water.  Other then that you shouldn't need to bring much else.  As far as payment I was thinking maybe a carton of farm fresh eggs for each of you.  They are really good, I'm sure you'll find this a fair trade once you taste them.

Well I guess that about wraps it up.  Nora will be so happy!  She really is a doll (though presumably you won't really meet her as she'll always be asleep when you're here so you'll just have to take my word for it).  Thanks so much! ~Amy

021

No comments: