2.23.2012

Moments

002

Slowly but surely we are finding a new rhythm to our days.  One thing I am definitely appreciating this go around is the space between Jackson and Nora.  Not to mention the space between Nora and Grace.  Aside from the fact that Grace and Jackson can be so helpful at this age, they are also very content to play on their own.  The warmer winter this year has been so great because it makes going outside all the more enticing.  Usually twice a day they head out to climb trees, play mud kitchen, or play with the chickens (and possibly bringing them into the milk house and then accidentally forgetting to take them out leading us to believe we lost two of them... for two days. ahem).  At least once a day this week I have found myself sitting with a little time alone (though usually with a sleeping Nora in my arms, but how could I complain about that).  Quite honestly I didn't think it was possible to have time to myself during the day with three kids, especially when one is just a baby.  But magically there is.  And I have been fully appreciating these little pockets of time, to knit, or write, or just sit by the fire. 

Crossing my fingers it continues.

(I'm giving myself some more time to just allow our new rhythm to develop naturally and then I'm going to begin to add to it.  I want to create a new meal plan as well as a general guide for our days and our week.  I need to bring back our painting day (that disappeared somewhere in my third trimester of pregnancy) and of course our baking day.  I think this time I will put the new plan here so I have it for future reference.)

No comments: