12.26.2011

Handmade This Year (Part 1)

I'm not sure if it was because I know next year will be different with a little baby around, or because I'm not working part time, or just because I was really into it this year- but maybe my favorite thing about this Christmas was all the making I did before hand.

Christmas11 004

I made 7 of these little purse/pouches for some special people.

Christmas11 005

Since I made them in kind of a production line, they actually came together pretty quick.  Now I just need to make one for myself.

Christmas11 038

And inside each little pouch was a bar of homemade goats milk, lavender, beeswax soap.  I'm going to do another post soon with the recipe, but it was very easy and fun.  I used a soap base instead of lye (lye scares me) so Grace and Jackson could help too.

Christmas11 027

We also tried our hands at some homemade lotion but without as much success.  I need to work on this recipe a bit as it was too thick.  Smells delicious though and actually works great, just hard to get out of the jar.  Needless to say these didn't make the cut.

Christmas11 003

I made this little jingle ball for my dearest little niece that I am in love with.  It was a pattern I used way back here when Jackson was just a baby. 

Christmas11 009

And finally (inspired from here) I made these gift wrap bags that I am in love with.  I'm really not a big fan of wrapping gifts, well actually I despise it.  But this made it so easy it was actually fun.  Just put gift in and tie a ribbon around.  When finished fold up and save for another gift.  Genius (again not my idea, but a really good one).

Christmas11 007

There are three more gifts for Grace and Jackson that I need to post about but that will have to wait until I can get some photos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes please post the soap recipe! so fun all the handmade toys - did ryan really whittle a bow and arrow set? awesome. well I guess thats not fair to assume - you could quite possibly have just picked up a new hobby and did the whittling yourself - why not?

amy said...

Yes, he did (well the bows anyway)! he loved it so much he wants to become a professional widdler:)