11.21.2011

Thanksgiving Planning And Some Random Thoughts

007

~ I am so behind on my posts.  There are so many things I want to post about but can't seem to find the right moment to sit down and do it.  Posting has taken a backseat behind Thanksgiving planning and house projects (nesting).

~ Grace and Jackson are so excited about Thanksgiving this year.  They go back and forth between being extremely helpful (washing dishes, dusting, taking sheets off beds) to being extremely annoying, running around like wild animals (all that excited energy) making me want to pull my hair out.

~ Well I don't want to jinx it so I'll just say for two nights in a row we slept until 7 (daylight savings was a toughy this year).

~ Loving the snow (and the not super cold temps).

~ Grace came in from sledding the other day to tell me that they took "Beautiful" (our only chicken who has a name) sledding.

~ We are ALMOST ready for winter with our little farm.  We still need a heater to keep the drinking water from freezing in the coop and I need to cover my bees.  But other then that, the coop is insulated and with electricity.  The bees are tucked in and ready for winter.

~ I picked away at the garden here and there and managed to get five of them weeded and piled with compost.  I think I'll call it good for this year (and kick myself in the spring for not just doing them all).

~ I need a winter coat (in whale size).

~ I'm going to attempt to go to bed early tonight in hopes that I'll have a lot of energy tomorrow for all the cleaning and cooking that lies ahead.

No comments: