11.30.2011

New Spaces ~ The Bathroom

017

For some reason the bathroom has never bothered me that much, even though it was in desperate need of new paint and some freshening up.  I finally decided that I was ready to make the change though.  I debated between colors and finally settled on this one.  But, that meant I should really paint the dark woodwork... and I wasn't so sure I could do it.  It really was beautiful, and it was the original wood.  But with some convincing from everyone I went for it knowing it would really lighten it up and go much better with the paint.  And I really have to say that I love it.  It's so bright and filled with light in there now. 

020

And it looks great with the chair.  When I bought this chair this summer I always envisioned it having a spot in the bathroom (I love a bathroom with a chair).  So with a little rearranging it worked.  And everyone is loving the new sitting space in the bathroom.

023

But now we must get a new bathroom sink (and mirror).  There is nothing (and I mean nothing) pretty about this sink but for some reason I have a weird attachment to it.  I just always think about all the past farmers having used it for all those decades... it's our farm sink.  But with everything being so white in there now it stands out way to much... even I can't help but notice it.  So hopefully sometime soon a new sink and mirror will make it to the top of the list. 

2 comments:

Jason said...

SO cute! I love love LOVE your new home makeovers!
~Ang (not Jason):)

amy said...

Thanks Ang! You know, it only took me three years of living here to get to most of these things:)