4.07.2011

Low Moments of My Day... From Low to Lowest

~ It could be that I was doomed from the beginning. I didn't get enough sleep last night and that is a common thread that runs through my not-so-good-days.

~ After spending way to long trying to finish up a doll quilt for our schools silent auction I had to turn in something that was not my best work. I'm totally fine with less then perfectness when the gift is going to say my children, not so much when it is being sold.

~ By 11 in the morning I had a house so messy it honestly looked like we had been robbed. Picture overflowing laundry baskets, dirt trekked through the house from the previous days muddy boots, piles of tiny fabric scraps cut by Grace that were everywhere "for a quilt for the new baby someday" (no I'm not pregnant), neglected breakfast dishes... I could go on...

~ Realized my heat mat had gotten unplugged for my tomatoes (which explains why I only have 6 of them... so much for 63 tomato plants).

~ But by far the biggest low was coming home and finding our giant sap pot on fire. The whole bottom half of the pot was completely gone. While Ryan did remind me later that ground and grass were completely soaked from rain and melting snow and no "fire" could have possible spread beyond the pot, I was still pretty disgusted with our ridiculous decision to let that burn while we were gone.

Thedayisdone 007

Thankfully I was able to pull it together enough to end my day on a half-way decent note. After putting out the fire(!!) I managed to clean our house and make a pot of veggie soup for dinner.

Thankfully tomorrow is a new day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yikes scary - glad you caught it - and glad you were able to turn your day around - thats quite a feat actually I think I would need a nights sleep to shake that