4.12.2011

2:00pm

chicks 001

chicks 062

chicks 065

chicks 070

chicks 029

chicks 059

chicks 063

chicks 060

chicks 041

chicks 074

chicks 083

chicks 084

The moment finally arrived. As a parent it was better then Christmas. Seeing the joy on their face when I walked in the door with that peeping box will forever be etched in my heart.

I was so surprised (and relieved being he's only two) by how gentle Jackson was able to handle them. And Grace learned that if you rub the top of their head and sing them a song they go right to sleep... so precious!

We decided to go with a variety of chicks- 6 Buff Orpingtons, 3 Australorps, and 3 Brahmas. The Buff Orpingtons will be a beautiful orange color (the prettiest chicken if you ask me), the Australorps will be black, and the Brahmas white. They are all suppose to be cold hardy, good layers, and gentle with children... but we will see I guess.

Now only 5 more months until farm fresh eggs...

(ps I cheated on the banner up there. Those flower bloom pictures are from last year. It will be another 5 days or so before they look like that this year. Just trying to move spring along a bit... even if it's only in my head)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUTE!
Im inviting us over soon!