4.03.2011

Spring Weekend

Well it finally feels like spring is here. It doesn't really look like it since there are still traces of snow everywhere... but when it's 50 degrees out that's easy to ignore.

Our weekend was filled with a lot of playing and working outside.

Springweekend 015

Ryan worked on continuing to build up our log pile for next year (he would probably want me to add that this picture doesn't do the "pile" any justice, it is currently one story high and still growing).

Springweekend 005

I spent my time (with my helpers of course) unearthing rocks. Lots and lots of rocks. Which I then used to build two new garden beds.

Springweekend 011

As always this time of year here, we uncovered many new treasures including these stone "stairs" that lead down to the pond.

Springweekend 008

And finally, we started boiling our sap. I can't yet say the results as it is still a work in progress.

Springweekend 016

But I can say that it was a very, very fulfilling weekend.

No comments: