12.26.2010

Our Very Own Christmas

Christmas 034

This year we decided to move our own family Christmas to Christmas Eve. I was so glad we did. Celebrating with each other on Christmas Eve made our time together feel even more special.

Christmas 041

Christmas 049

I had made lasagna on Wednesday night so all I had to do when we got home in the afternoon was pop it in the oven. We had one jar of pesto left that I had been saving which made a great accompaniment to the lasagna along with some homemade bread I had been gifted.

Christmas 046

Christmas 052

I think Grace and Jackson had as much fun opening gifts as they did giving them. They loved the jammies and especially the slippers (and thankfully they still do and have been wearing them ever since... seriously they could walk around with cold feet all day).

Christmas 054

Christmas 058

The stools were a hit. So were the beanbags they made for Ryan. My favorite part of the night may have been playing the beanbag toss game we made up (which of course is most fun if you stand on your new stool while tossing).

Christmas 062

Christmas 065

Before we went to bed we made sure to pick out the perfect cookies for Santa. And we ended the night with our usual tradation of Daddy reading "The Night Before Christmas"

Christmas 066

It was so fun to feel Grace and Jackson's excitment about our night. I kept having flashbacks to my own childhood Christmas momories... which in turn made me all the more conscious of the fact that it is these moments that will live in them forever.

Christmas 050

No comments: