12.28.2010

Homemade This Christmas

Gift4

Gift5

Gift6

These were the beanbags we made for Ryan that wonderful snowed-in Sunday. Grace and Jackson picked out all the different fabrics (I let them both pick three "fat quarters" at the fabric store) and then they coordinated each bean bag as they made it adding scraps from our fabric basket here and there. Once three sides were sewn they added spoonfuls of rice to each one before I sewed on the last side. This was for sure my favorite sewing project I've ever done with them. It was so easy and fun and they could help with almost every part.

Gift3

This was the beeswax handsalve we made. I'll do another post with the recipe for this soon. They turned out really well for the most part. The only thing I would change is adding a little more of the oils next time so it's a bit softer. Otherwise it works great, really helps with chapped hands.

Giftsbook 007

Giftsbook 005

These were the washcloths I made for them. I am still such a beginner when it comes to knitting. I was so proud that they actually turned out as squares (really that's where I'm at right now). But Grace and Jackson were scrubbing up with them in the tub tonight and they worked great.

Gift8

These were the jammies I made them... inspired by the slippers that I bought. The pants are flannel so they are nice and cozy for the winter (they're actually on there way to the wash now which is why I didn't take any unfolded pictures... trying to cover up the dirt from the past day and a half of wearing).

Gift1

Gift2

Gift7

And finally the stools. Ryan made them and I painted them. It was his first attempt at making a stool and I thought they looked great. They were fun to paint too. Grace and Jackson have been using them as everything from tables to cars (as well as stools of course). It was so much fun to give them something we had made together.

No comments: