10.14.2010

Hats

Hats 029

Today was day 89 of really, really beautiful fall days. I can't believe we are this late into October and only now just bringing out the hats. While I guess it is not exactly fall weather, I am not complaining. It has been so wonderful (especially during this transition we are still adjusting to) to let these two be outside as much as possible.

Hats 030


This morning, as I finished getting ready for work, I watched as they played happily on the porch, running in momentarily to grab something only to head right back out. For some reason watching them go in and out of the house like that (I think they were gathering leaves and rocks for "soup" and kept coming in for the right cooking utensils) gave me such satisfaction. It reminded me so much of how our days use to be... where moments would just naturally unfold, with very little planning or scheduling. I am still missing that sense of freedom a bit I guess.

So for all the beautiful days (and all the ones hopefully yet to come), where the doors can be open, and the ease of getting outside is as simple as finding your shoes and hat, I am especially grateful.

No comments: