10.07.2010

Treasures

For as long as I can remember, every Sunday morning, my dad has gotten up very early in the morning to head to his favorite flee market. The flee market is located in the small town of Medina... so in my dad's eyes, Medina=flee market. The following quotes come out of my dad's mouth on quite a regular basis, "went to Medina", "saw it at Medina", "got it in Medina". Anyway, last weekend, when we were staying at my parent's house, I decided I needed to go see "Medina" for myself.

Birdfeeder 009

The first found treasure was this adorable little end table... for $17. I haven't decided where I'm going to put it yet... or if I'm going to paint it... I do love that yellow.

Bell 005

The other found treasure was this bell that my dad purchased before I even got there (I had to meet him there since I wasn't willing to get up at 5). I had mentioned that I was looking for a nice big dinner bell for the farm. Something that would be loud enough that it could be heard from woods or barn. This certainly will be heard. It is huge, and so loud. But I love it. No more yelling "dinner" out the door (which I despise).

Anyway, Medina. I see what all the fuss is about. It was pretty fun. Probably not get up at 5 in the morning fun, but fun nonetheless. I'm sure I'll be back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tell me when you go again I want to come! I love your scores