4.18.2010

Experiment 3: Day 4

paintandicecream 006

{Experiment 3: Spend a little time (at least 15 to 30 minutes) a day playing with my children. During this time I have to be authentically enjoying myself, and I have to be fully present (not letting my mind wonder to what's next, etc.). I will do this experiment for 7 days and record my observations here on my blog.}

One of the most natural ways for me to play with my children is through art. It's so easy for me to stay present when I am immersed in some form of art, and there is nothing better then doing it along side someone I love. Grace and I have gotten into the habit of painting during Jackson's nap time (when we want to work on bigger projects we like to take advantage of his nap time, but he does get in his fair share of art too). It is so enjoyable for me to watch her joy as we set up the paints... pick out our colors... and then finally dip our brushes into the paint and begin to create. This is her masterpiece that she has been working on for a week or so. It is so beautiful I think.

paintandicecream 003

No comments: